Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This One's For You Andrea

Alternate post title: New Love

Here is a glimpse of my closet. I'm shamed to show you all how badly I treat those whom I love the most. I am a true girl, I love shoes. I really do. Love them. I do not own enough, mostly because I can't stomach spending more than $20 on a pair of shoes. However, nearly two weeks ago I fell in love and I fell hard.
I was wandering up and down the shoe aisle at Target. It is a regular haunt of mine. I walked past a beautiful pair of shoes that had my name written all over them. For those of you who don't know, Mossimo is really the word for Alicia. Anyway, it was love at first sight. They only had one pair in my size! They weren't on sale, so I hemmed and hawed about it for about 5 minutes before picking them up. I walked around the store with them in my cart for the next 30 minutes. It felt like they belonged to me! At the end of 30 minutes I had to put them back on the shelf. $23.99 was about $3.99 more than I usually allow myself to spend on a pair of shoes. I slept fitfully the whole night knowing that somebody else was going to buy MY pair of shoes. It was the next morning, and I must have whined to James one too many times because he told me to GO BUY THE SHOES! I complied.



And we'll live happily ever after.

3 comments:

Salina said...

Good thing you got them....you were seriously lacking in the purple category in your collection! They are SUPER cute! Can't wait to see them in action!

Becks said...

Oh wow. I think I'm coveting. And that's bad. I'll just have to remedy that with buying a pair for myself! I love royal colors. I love fall because you can WEAR royal colors. I love purple. I think Becky, Alicia, and Mossimo are all synonymous.

Carlee said...

Ooooo, niiiiice :)