Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our Happy 4th

It seems like we make a habit out of going to Idaho for the 4th of July. I let James go by himself (with Logan) last  year because I was 9 months pregnant with this blue eyed beauty. 
 It's hard for me to imagine what she will look like with hair. One day I will know.
 We tried to get a couple of cute pictures of our family before the day got underway.
We went to the church in the morning to watch the flag raising ceremony and listen to a quick patriotic thought. After that we headed into town for the parade.
 The kids were invited to ride on, what they called, a "tractor train".
 They had to sit around waiting for a long time before the parade started, but they both refused to budge from their seats.

  This is James' sister, Kathy, and her kids. They got to ride in the parade too. 
We spent a few hours later in the day riding on James' brother, Matt's boat. Matt was so nice to take person after person on rides on the tube. I didn't take the camera, so you'll have to use your imagination. Anyway, we had a lot of fun, but we all got a little sunburned despite the fact that we had sunscreen on.

Dixie, James' Mom, got a package of fireworks that we enjoyed after it was dark. It really was a perfect day, in my estimation.

Logan loves going to see his Idaho family. He can't get enough of the 4-wheeler, motorcycle, tractor, and playing with his cousins. Nothing makes me more happy than seeing my kids happy. I hope you all had a great Independence Day.

No comments: