Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hair Band Concert

James and his friend bought tickets to see Def Leppard in concert, but on the day of the concert, his friend got really sick and couldn't go. I really can't say that the 80's hair band era is my favorite kind of music, but I didn't want the ticket to go to waste, so I went to the concert with James. 

First up was Leta Ford. She was horrible. She couldn't sing on pitch for the life of her. Luckily for her she had one fan there. He thought he was her drummer. Let your imagination go wild with that thought and you are probably pretty accurate as to how into her he was. 

Next up was Poison.  I think that was my favorite part of the night mostly because he was way better by Leta, and because I was bored by the time Def Leppard came out.

Here is a picture of Bret with his shirt on. James had assured me that he would probably be shirtless...so I was a bit disappointed. (Lest you think less of me, be assured that I was not really disappointed.)

 Look how happy James is to be at one of his favorite things - a concert.
 Def Leppard finally came out and that's when the crazies came out.
 I definitely had more fun watching the drunk people and the inappropriate dancers. James loved the music, and I am in love with James.

We found out the next day that James' brother was there too. He lives in Idaho, so we're sad we didn't see each other there. 

I think that was my first and last heavy metal concert. I'm glad I went just to say I did it because James has always wanted me to experience it. 

No comments: