Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We spent our 4th of July weekend in Rupert, Idaho, where James grew up. These were the kind of fireworks we enjoyed, the illegal kind.
Logan sat snuggled up with his Grandma Idaho the whole time.
The rest of the pictures highlight some of Logan's favorite activities, while visiting the farm, where James grew up. Here, Logan is eagerly climbing into the tractor.

The kids are prepared for a fun ride.
Lizzy liked riding the motorcycle.
Logan really liked the four wheeler, and in this picture he is riding with his cousin Morgan.
James was shocked when I told him I had never driven a tractor before. I've spent many hours riding in one with him while he drove them, but I never did any actual driving. James quickly remedied that problem. So, if you can't tell, that's me driving it.
This was Logan's turn on the motorcycle. He wasn't so thrilled with it.
It was hard to reach the handle bars with both kids in front of me, but the kids had fun.
And this last picture pretty much highlights our drive home.
We had a lot of fun. I didn't even get any pictures from when we went on the boat and went tubing. That was A LOT of fun! We'll be going back in August, so maybe I'll remember to take pictures, while on the boat, next time.

2 comments:

Kathy Rose said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Man, I need to take my kids and do those things the next time we're there. :) Wish we could be there next month with everyone. :(

Emily Heider said...

ALICIA!!! ACK!! Where are the HELMETS you crazy lady?!?! I just about had a heart attack looking at those pictures! HELMETS!!!! (I do hope you had a fun trip though and I'm glad you all made it back safely!! ;-)