Saturday, June 20, 2009

What was I thinking?

For those of you who believe I love to bake, I wish to clarify things a little. I don't love to bake, I love to eat what I bake.

While this picture may fool you into thinking it's just a pile of cookie dough balls, it's really a pile of huge cookie dough balls. I had to use an ice cream scoop to form these.

There are about 80-90 cookies. Not sure really, I lost count. My shoulders hurt because the dough was cold...not a good idea. My hands feel callused too. They aren't used to hard work.
This is only 4 batches worth of cooked cookies. I have about 10 more to go. Maybe not that many...we'll see. I'm still mid process.



This is what Logan has been doing while I've been working. Filling all the dishes in the sink with water. There is water all over the counter and floor. But, it was worth it because it kept him occupied while I was busy, busy, busy! Too bad he couldn't put them in the dishwasher.

Do I really care that much about the fathers in the ward to go through this work? Apparently. Luckily one of the cookies broke when I was transferring it to the cooling rack. I had to eat it. Well, I couldn't give a broken cookie could I?! I promise, it was an accident that it broke. However, since tasting it, I can't promise that the next broken cookie will be an accident.
Like I said before, I love to eat what I bake...this is torturous to make so many cookies that I can't eat! Here's hopping for extras!


6 comments:

Kathy Rose said...

Okay, so why did you get stuck with that "great" job. :) I would really hate doing that and not being able to eat any. For me the temptation would be too hard to resist on every batch that came out of the oven. I LOVE warm cookies. Hopefully there are extras or hopefully another one will break. :)

Anonymous said...

How did you get talked into that, I think they know you can't say no. Good luck

jenniferhoiyin said...

i probably would have "broken" a few more than just one. you're such a saint to do it all, let me know how long it takes you to actually want to make cookies again. :)

jenniferhoiyin said...

oh! and i made brownies because i really wanted that chocolate cake you made, but only had 1 egg. they were so good.

The Mickelsen's said...

Not that people read other people's comments, but in case you do... I made the mistake of asking, "So, what are we doing for the fathers for father's day? Nothing? Oh, well,I can make big cookies!"

Yeah, I'm not talking at any more presidency meetings...

Anonymous said...

oh my heck! everytime I go to your blog I end up craving some sort of baked goods! I am especially jealous cause our oven is broken so I can't bake anything so I live vicariously through you! As soon as our oven is fixedd I can't wait to try those cake pops!