Sunday, June 7, 2009

His Father's Son

I'm not sure how familiar any of you are with James' most annoying habits. A few include his obsessive need to have things picked up and tidy looking. (He's not a deep cleaner, just a "things need to look tidy" kind of guy). Anyway, Logan has developed a similar OCD with tidiness. He doesn't mind the clutter while he's playing, but when it's time for bed, everything needs to be in it's place, or the kid can't sleep.


Two nights ago, I was in the shower and asked James if he would go downstairs to get my book so I could read it in bed. James came back a few minutes later and declared that he couldn't find it. I told him that I had left it on the couch, go find it. He left and came back again about 10 minutes later. He still couldn't find it. Ugh...leave it to a woman to find something that's been left in plain sight. I went downstairs and looked everywhere. I couldn't find it either. James and I spent about 45 minutes total looking for that book. We even wrapped ourselves up in huge blankets (because we weren't properly dressed) and went outside looking for the book! We snuck in our kid's rooms and looked around with a flashlight. We were on our second round of looking in their rooms when we finally found it. We went into Lizzy's room. We did the general scan for the second time and didn't see it. Then, James focused on the two bookshelves we have in there. He started scanning all of our books on the shelves with the flashlight. I didn't see it, but James caught our book. It was stuck right between two James Patterson books. Because of Logan's need for things to be put away, we wasted 45 minutes of our evening looking for it! I'm pretty sure the first words out of my mouth, as soon as we found it, were: "He's YOUR son"!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sneaked

Colby and Dani said...

Funny! Barrett is the same way- he can handle a messy room all day, but at naptime and bedtime, the swords better be back on the shelf, the Heroes better be back in the Batcave, and hte baseball stuff better be in the closet. Funny...I thought boys were supposed to be fond of messes. Not mine...:)

Carlee said...

Haha! He IS his father's son :) Now you know to look where it belongs!

Adam and Brynn said...

lol That's awesome.