Saturday, December 17, 2011

New Technique

Lizzy's birthday is in a few days, but we are celebrating early. Of course I made her a cake, and I was excited to try something new!
James gives me a hard time because I can never smile normally for a picture.


The birthday girl's cake. 
 Ok, so the new (to me) technique I used is called a frozen butter cream transfer. If you'll refer to the picture below, you will have a better understanding of what I did.
I found a picture of mickey and minnie, printed it out and, put wax paper on top of it, then traced it out with frosting. That's it in a nutshell. If I could do it over again, I would only change one thing. I would make sure I taped down the wax paper super tight on all sides. You can see the waves in the frosting because my wax paper wasn't secured tightly. Oh well. Overall, I'm super pleased with this first time effort. 

On to the next cake.

I made this one for my nephew's cousin. I threw it together in literally a couple of hours from baking to finished. I've seen a lot of pictures of shirt cakes and I've been wanting to try one. There are a few extra things I could have done, but time was short.

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. We'll see if my attendance here improves.

No comments: