Monday, December 19, 2011

Interesting Phone Conversation

On Saturday my sister called me to see our mom owned the Janice Kapp Perry music book called Just One Little Light.  She was searching for one song in particular.  I was able to find it in the music collection and we got talking about what it would take to legally make copies of the song for my sister's purposes. The book was published in 1988, and it included a phone number to call if you were inquiring about making photocopies. I called it and a very tired old woman answered with a simple hello. I explained what I was calling about, thinking that the book was so old that this number could no longer be valid especially after the simple hello greeting; as opposed to an official business of sorts that would handle copyright issues. Anyway, after explaining what I was after, the tired sounding old lady said, "Well, this is Janice.  What you need to do is go to janicekapppery.com and click on photocopies".  I thanked her and then hung up.

So now the question is, did I really talk to Janice Kapp Perry?

No comments: