Thursday, November 19, 2009

An Ode to Water

Call me crazy, (many have, so you are in good company) but I think that water is the best medicine ever! If I ever feel a cold coming on, I start to guzzle water like a mad woman. I try to drink at least 2 quarts of water a day. (That's 64 oz of water, or half a gallon.) I would estimate that 4 out 5 five times, it makes my cold go away in 1-3 days. I introduced the idea to James, and he is a believer as well! Now, I can't take credit for this amazing discovery, because I learned it from the best roommate ever. (Thanks Carlee!) I had a full on cold start 3 days ago. I put my half gallon of water in the fridge and attacked it the next day. If you had talked to me that day you would have totally said that I had a cold. But, today, two days later, there is no trace of it! It's magic I tell you, magic! I think this is why I rarely drink soda or juice because why would I waste my liquid intake on something that isn't magic?

Here's my challenge to all of you, once you feel a cold coming on, start drinking your water like you never drank it before. Let me know what happens. I'm curious to see if this method should be studied by doctors or not. I've never heard of doctor's telling patients to drink a lot of water to get past a cold. But the should.

3 comments:

Carlee said...

I started reading this post and thought, hey, this sounds kind of familiar...ha, because I taught it to you! I'm a believer ;)

Adam and Brynn said...

I am a huge water guzzler ALL the time! But alas, I still get sick ALL the time regardless... :) (But I'm not a good candidate for the study because I have asthma and a weak immune system). :) Ha! But, I love water so much anyway! :) I wouldn't doubt that water could help most people feel better! That's why chicken noodle soup is so good for you when your sick too--it's all in the fluids. :)

Mindee said...

I totally think water is magic! It helps EVERYTHING!! Really, it does clean out your system very quickly & keeps you hydrated. I think you're right ;)