Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Almost Ready!

My sisters wedding is tomorrow, finally! Can you all tell how much I obsess over making cakes? It's a really big deal to me. I've never felt like any talent has come very naturally to me, and decorating cakes is no exception. I always experience some sort of problem and it FRUSTRATES me!!!!!! It frustrates James a bit as well because he takes the brunt of my frustration. Poor guy. I'm so glad he puts up with me. Actually he does more than that. He still loves me even through the whole process.

I know why wedding cakes cost so much. They are A LOT of work. I would estimate that I've spent about 10 hours on this cake so far and close to $50 in cost of supplies.

Anyway, this is my pile to load in the car tomorrow morning. Left to right, the bottom two tiers of the cake, fully decorated, next we have all the extra frosting I will and may need, in the white box is the cake topper, a glass temple, and lastly we have the top tier of the cake. It isn't decorated yet because I'll need to pick it up and put it on top of the rest of the cake.

I've forgotten my camera the last two times I did a wedding cake, but I've added my camera to that pile so it won't be forgotten. :) I'm actually not so sad that I forgot my camera the first time I did a wedding cake. It was basically a disaster in the aesthetic department. However, the taste got rave reviews. The second cake was significantly better, but still had some problems with it leaning. However, it was fully devoured as well. Yay! Hmm... I think I do have a picture of that second cake somewhere on the computer. I'll hunt it down and if I do indeed have it, I will include it on my next post. Ok, anyway, now I'm on my third wedding cake and I feel great about this one. As long as there are no major disasters. ;) I'll try to get pictures up as soon as possible in the next few days, since I know you are all waiting with baited breath to see it. Ha!

I've done enough talking. Sorry.

1 comment:

Mindee said...

Can't wait to see the finished product :) Good luck with the whole wedding tomorrow!