Saturday, November 28, 2009

Do You Smell Something?

We did, tonight. It's not uncommon for me to smell something burning in my oven when cooking something else. There's always some random overflowed food burning on the bottom of my oven. Consequently, it usually makes the smoke detectors go off too. Tonight I was cooking Impossible Cheeseburger Pie. I smelled the smell and thought nothing of it. Then the smoke alarm went off. James got right to turning it off while I got up to see what was burning in the oven. I opened the door to see this.
In case you're wondering, that WAS a sippy cup. It was the perfect ending to a day where I was already frustrated beyond my wits end with Logan. He's pushed every one of my buttons the last 2 weeks, and this was just the thing to hit the last button. I'm afraid for tomorrow. He might find another button I didn't know I had.

3 comments:

Eric and Shaunna said...

OH, dear! I am sorry! I know what it feels like, except with my little one its scissors, makeup, permanent markers, and all of my kitchen gadgets somehow end up in her room. Oh, the joys of motherhood!

Melanie said...

I feel your pain! Liam has been the same way this last week. He is already getting to the terrible 3's and he won't be 3 till March! We need to switch kids for a day. You know how they always behave better with others than yourself! Hang in there!

Tiff said...

We had this same thing happen (with a tupperware bowl) a couple of months ago. I was pre-heating the oven and Hinckley told me there was a fire in the oven. Needless to say we now keep our oven door locked! :) Love those sneaky boys!