Friday, May 29, 2009

Ouch

These little guys belong on the feet of our kitchen chairs. They come off every once in a while, but we just pop them back on. I noticed one of them had come off tonight when I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor. Logan noticed it too.

Ouch is all I can say. He started crying so I looked at him to find out why he was crying this time. (Crying is pretty much a constant, so I wasn't feeling in a hurry to find out what was wrong.) When I finally looked at him, he was dancing around and his face looked like he was in pain. I immediately remembered that he had been playing with the tack so I scooped him up and put him on the counter. Sure enough it was stuck ALL THE WAY in his foot! I tried tugging on it, but it was stuck. I frantically called for James to come. He took one look at it and pulled it out like you rip of a band-aid. Logan has been slightly whiny ever since. (This just happened 20 minutes ago, so no surprise there!)
Don't you feel the pain?

3 comments:

Jenny Sue Gamboa said...

owie!!!! That makes me cringe...poor little dude. (I know what you mean about the crying thing though...poor little wobbly Noah is always crashing and falling down, so I don't exactly come running when he starts crying. Well a couple weeks ago he was crying, "your FINE Noah" I yelled downstairs to him, while continuing to get ready for work, but then he really started to wail so I peeked out my bedroom door to see what was going on and the poor thing was dragging himself up the stairs, his poor little head gushing blood. Needles to say I freaked out, but I still to this day have no idea how he did it!

Kathy Rose said...

Ooohh, the poor little boy. That makes me hurt. Doesn't it make you feel bad when you tell them that they're fine, but then after checking they really are hurt. :) Oops! Hopefully it doesn't hurt for too long.

Emily Heider said...

I gotta say, I must be sick, because I find a fair amount of humor in these stories. One of my recent work favorites is the kiddo riding some kind of toy, and a bee comes up to him, so he pulls his shirt up over his head so the bee can't get him and starts running away, and smacks straight into a chair while his shirt was over his head. He he he. Yeah, he needed stitches. Oops!