Saturday, December 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and our Christmas decorations are already up, so naturally I am blogging about Halloween. But, it was one of the most enjoyable Halloween's I've had in a long time, so naturally I'd like to record it. 

My running friend, Kelli, told me on one of our morning runs, that she wanted to throw a Halloween party. I thought that sounded like lots of fun, so I offered to help her with it. If you know me, then you know I volunteered to make all the desserts for the party. This is what I came up with.
 Chocolate cat cookies
 Meringue ghosts and donut hole eyeballs
 Fudge filled chocolate mummy cupcakes. James actually insisted on decorating these himself.
 Kelli decorated the pumpkins to give as costume prizes. I made the white chocolate popcorn hands. I got the idea from a friend, who undoubtedly got it from pinterest, but I'm not pinterest savy. Yet.
 We played a bunch of Minute to Win It games. This is James trying to get the pennies out of a pair of nylons.
 The day after our party, we carved our pumpkins.
 I have such cute kids!  The more kids you have, the bigger your challenge of getting all of them to look at the camera at the same time.
 We all went trick or treating on Halloween night. We called ourselves "The Pirates of the Jordan River".  Siri stayed home with Grandma to sleep.
 While out gathering candy, we ran into a friend that James said hi to, but couldn't figure out who James was.
Seriously, a super fun Halloween season.  The kids still ask how many more days until Halloween again.

No comments: